Sunday, April 4, 2010

Why Do People Believe In Things That Can't Be Proven

Why Do Humans Believe In Things That Can’t Be Proven
From the dawn of time man has believed in mystical creatures, different religions, and supernatural powers, without absolute proof of their existence. Often times people can’t figure out how or why something is, so they jump to an illogical conclusion such as aliens built the pyramids. Many times people explain an unexplained phenomenon with an outlandish conclusion that makes sense, however has no proof that it is the solution. Other times people want to believe in something so bad that it becomes a reality in their world. Certain people will combat with logic of, “There may be no proof that this does exist, but there’s no proof that it doesn’t as well.“ I do admit that many times there is evidence supporting these theories, however I myself am a skeptic who needs proof. I’m sure I will usually be right in not believing in such things without absolute proof. That is, with the exception of certain conspiracy theories, and religion. I would expect our government to be dam good at hiding proof that would solve conspiracy theories, and as far as religion goes, what have you got to lose?

Now, I do know that this is a very mysterious and very complex world we live in. There are many things that I myself cannot explain, and lots of evidence toward the unexplainable. That being said, it is most logical to claim that you don’t know rather than claiming you do. Thus I’ve come to conclude that there is a very wide array of reason’s people believe in things that cannot be proven. Whether it’s because they have been told to, have had a strange experience, or just want to, there will always be a large groop of people who do.

No comments:

Post a Comment